Young Business Leaders Forum Open Invitation for Participation
The Overseas Koreans Foundation (OKF) is an organization under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that supports overseas Koreans. We are planning to hold 『The 17th World Korean Business Convention』 at Songdo Convensia(Incheon Metropolitan City), from Tuesday, October 23 to Thursday, October 25. In conjunction with this convention, we will host the 『Young Business Leaders Forum』 where young overseas Korean entrepreneurs from all over the world can get together and build their business network. We look forward to meeting you, young overseas Korean entrepreneurs, who will become leaders of the future.
1. Overview (Young Business Leader Forum)
○ Date : 22th(Mon.) - 25th(Thur.) October, 2018
○ Venue : Songdo Convensia(Incheon Metropolitan City)
○ Participants : Approximately 150 people
- New participants : 50
- Ex-participants : 100
※ Only new applicants are required to apply. Ex-participants are not required to complete this application, but can apply through the application for the Hansang Convention. Application of Hansang Convention will be open on June.
Young Business Leaders Forum I
Business Networking Seminars
Young Business Leaders Forum II
For New Participants
Night of Young Business Leaders
Opening Ceremony of the Hansang Convention
Closing Ceremony & Farewell dinner
23(Tue.)~25(Thur.) 10:00~20:00 Exhibition & Business Meeting
※ The above schedule may be subject to change.
3. Application information
○ Age : Under 45 years old
○ CEOs or equivalent professional entrepreneurs who have made inroads into mainstream societies as overseas Koreans. (Overseas Applicants)
○ Renowned young entrepreneurs who want to participate in Hansang network actively. (Domestic Applicants)
○ Young business leaders who are renowned or highly recognized as a entrepreneurs in their residing countries and are recommended by Korean diplomatic offices and Korean economic organizations.
□ Selection procedure and schedule
○ Submit applications → Screening and applicants selection by Committee → Notify the results individually → Convention registration(June) → Individual arrival
○ Period of Application : By May 25th (Fri.)
- Pre-check the deadline of application of Korean diplomatic offices
○ Notification to participants : By mid-June
- Candidates will be notified through the Korean diplomatic offices and Individual notification.
□ Submission method
○ Submit application documents to Korean diplomatic missions in each region
- A letter of recommendation from Korean diplomatic missions, overseas
Korean economic organizations, or leading CEOs is required.
○ Submit application documents to Overseas Koreans Foundation
- A letter of recommendation from economic organization, or leading CEOs is required.
□ Required Documents
① Attached application forms (with photo more than 100kb)
② A Korean or English resumé (focused on business activities)
③ Introduction of company or business presentation (ppt format) under 10 slides
- additional summarization of 2 slides (for printing)
④ A copy of passport
⑤ A copy of certificate of enrollment, certificate of career (Issued by company), and business license
⑥ Other evidence of career
※ Articles in journals and newspapers, records of awards, research and corresponding field thesis and etc.
4. Support for new participants
○ Accommodation fare ( 4 nights / twin room)
- Check In : October 22th(Mon.) / Check Out : October 26th(Fri.)
- 2 people per a room
○ Official luncheons and banquets
○ Registration fee
※ Ex-participants are responsible for accommodation and registration fees
- Accommodation fare : USD 300~500, Registration fee : USD 120~170
※ All participants are responsible for airfare
○ Oh, Sanghu / Hansang Business Department
○ Tel : +82-2-3415-0152 / E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Download application form : pop-up zone at www.hansang.net
6. Applicants should meet the following conditions
○ Applications with missing documents will not be considered.
○ It is not necessary for the ex-participants to apply, but the registration for the Hansang convention is mandatory and it will be announced in June at www.hansang.net.
Attachment : Application Form