What is the Civil Service for Overseas Koreans?
The Civil Service for Overseas Koreans at Korean.net is offered to assist overseas Koreans with foreign citizenship in applying to receive civil services from the Korean government. You can use the service after becoming a member of Korean.net.
If you have a valid means to authenticate your identity for Korean websites, please go to the civil service application website provided for Korean citizens (e-People: www.epeople.go.kr).
Civil Service Categories
Through the Civil Service for Overseas Koreans, you can apply for civil services—in English or Korean—related to military affairs, national tax, reinstatement of nationality, National Health Insurance, and consular assistance.
- Services related to military affairs
- National tax
- Reinstatement of nationality
- Health insurance
- Consular assistance
- STEP. 01 Sign in (join as a member)
- STEP. 02 Enter your personal information
- STEP. 03 Download and fill out the Application Form
- STEP. 04 Attach the Application Form
- STEP. 05 Submit
- STEP. 06 To check the process of your application
- Sign in (join as a member) Sign in to the Korean.net website (or join first.)
- Enter your personal information Enter your information under Civil Service for Overseas Koreans > Application for the Civil Service for Overseas Korean.
- Download and fill out the Application Form Download the Application form at the bottom of the application page, and fill out the form in English or Korean.
- Attach the Application Form After filling out the form, attach the file. (You can also attach additional files, if needed.)
- Submit Click [Submit]
- To check the process of your application Go to My Page > My Civil Service > View Civil Service.