A. Event: The 24th Future Leaders’ Conference (FLC)
- To bring together talented overseas Koreans and promote networking among young professionals
- To discover prominent future leaders in various regions who will contribute to advancing overseas Korean communities
C. Dates: Sun, Sep. 4 to Thu, Sep. 8, 2022 (5 days and 4 nights)
D. Venues: Seoul and other regions (TBA)
- Networking events for local and overseas Koreans
- Sharing exemplary cases of achievement in various fields of expertise, discussing ways for Korean professionals to collaborate and develop substantive win-win relationships with Korea, etc.
- Speeches by distinguished guests from home and abroad
- Forums for different professions, lectures, and talks
- Meeting with officials of major government institutions
- Experience of Korean history and culture
- Media interviews, etc.
Overseas Koreans aged between 25 and 45
Citizenship or permanent residency in your residing country, or have lived outside Korea for over ten years
Dedicated to promoting social ties within Korean communities and fostered development of Korean communities
- Young professionals in various fields such as politics, economy, law, media, art, culture, international organizations
- Representatives of Korean communities or professional networks in each region
- Those who have careers and experience corresponding with the aim of the FLC
B. Selection Criteria
Professional competence and potential for further growth in your field
Motivation for participation
Social dedication in your country of residence or in overseas Korean communities
Work records (portfolio), media coverage, letters of recommendation, and other relevant documents
Approximately 100 overseas Korean professionals
※ Please note, we may limit our invitation to certain regions due to COVID-19.
D. Online Submission (korean.net)
Deadline: By Fri, May 13 (12 AM KST)
Announcement: Before Wed, Jun. 15 (notified via email or respective Korean embassy or consulate)
※ Participants are required to submit copy of passport for identification purposes.
Application Process (URL: korean.net)
- Log in with your Korean.net account (* Account must belong to the applicant.)
→ Find ‘Services for Overseas Koreans’ tab and click ‘Invitational Program’
→ Find ‘The 24th Future Leaders’ Conference’ and click ‘Application Form’
→ Fill out your application and upload the attachments
(e.g. resume, records or news articles of professional experience, awards etc.)
→ Click ‘Save temporarily’ to edit your application until your final submission
→ Click ‘Save’ to submit your application
(The submission process concludes when you submit your online application.)
※ The application form page will be in English for English website users.
A. Airline fare
General participants: 50% of round-trip ticket (economy class only)
Participants from Russia, CIS, Central/South America, Africa: 70% of round- trip ticket (Economy class only)
※ NOTE: The OKF puts a ceiling on its reimbursement (TBA), and any extra charges above the limit will NOT be covered by OKF. Also, any extra (transport) expenses incurred due to personal business purposes will NOT be covered.
B. Accommodation and meals (personal expenses are NOT included)
1 room for 2 people (single room may incur additional charges)
3 meals per day during the conference dates
C. Travel insurance (throughout the duration of the program)