- Korea and its overseas communities commune and feel sympathy based on the shared culture.
The OKF publishes a webzine to disseminate news of the OKF and issues of
overseas Korean communities in an effort to advocate our programs to
overseas Koreans and domestic media, promoting participation and raising
awareness of the OKF and overseas Koreans.
Moreover, we aspire for overseas Koreans to maintain their sense of national identity in their country of residence by broadcasting Korean news (YTN) and catering proper news to overseas Korean communities.
Public relations projects
OKF has worked on public relations projects in order to improve the awareness of the foundation and overseas Koreans and to form a common ground with Korean citizens.
- Planning and promotion
- Supports overseas Korean media outlets
- Established a global satellite broadcasting network for Korean news
- Publishes the newsletter The Window of Overseas Koreans
OKF provides a venue for cultural and art activities for overseas Koreans and gives a foothold for establishing a Korean cultural community by stimulating cultural exchange between Koreans home and abroad.
- Korean festival
- Supports to purchase traditional cultural items
- Literature contest for overseas Koreans
2021 Korean Festival
2021 – 23rd Overseas Koreans Literary Awards: Collection of Awards-Winning Works
OKF webzine (monthly publication)
Construction of a satellite broadcasting network for Korean news (YTN)